Outer Edge takes a one-on-one, consultative approach with each customer. We partner with our customers to understand what their objectives are, deliver the solution that best fits their needs, and help plan for future IT requirements. Here are a few examples of problems that Outer Edge has solved:
Challenge #1: Customer needed to implement a new ERP system to accommodate growth, but was reluctant to make a large capital expenditure in the current economic environment.
Understanding that the customer’s largest obstacle was managing cash flow, Outer Edge developed a solution that allowed them to acquire, develop, and test software and roll it out to users without any investment in hardware.
- Freed up cash to acquire software and additional personnel
- ERP solution can scale as needed without infrastructure investment
- No need for customer to keep hardware up to date
Bottom line: Since the customer only pays for what they need, cash management is optimized, and productivity is enhanced.
Challenge #2: Customer had already decided on a hosted model, but its hosting provider required the customer to procure their own hardware. Worse, the requirements were underestimated by the provider.
Outer Edge suspected that the company’s hosting provider was talking instead of listening. Outer Edge listened to the customer’s pain points—including surprise costs because their initial contract did not include important components such as a database that were required to run their system—and recommended a complete solution and appropriately sized environment. Because Outer Edge assumes all responsibility for the hardware and software, all the customer had to do was outline their business problem and requirements.
- Tailored, affordable IT platform worthy of a Fortune 100 company
- Fixed monthly cost covers all components of the solution
- Inherently scalable system can accommodate business fluctuations
Bottom line: Because Outer Edge recommended a solution AFTER carefully examining the customer’s requirements, the customer now enjoys the benefits they initially expected from a hosted model.
Challenge #3: Customer needed to implement a new ERP system to accommodate growth, but was reluctant to make a large capital expenditure in the current economic environment.
The top requirement for this customer was speed. To accomplish the upgrade in-house would have required upgrading each of their desktops and laptops—a costly and time-consuming effort. Outer Edge worked with this customer to develop a strategy for employees to access the application via the cloud without upgrading the client hardware.
- Hosted software rolled out to all employees on time and without roadblocks
- Software versions now standardized throughout the company
- Simplified, more cost-effective management and upgrades
- Cost avoidance on client hardware upgrades
Bottom line: By deploying software through the cloud, the customer met its timeline and business objective while avoiding costly upgrades.
Challenge #4: Customer is a software provider, and rapid growth was beginning to tax their infrastructure and impact delivery to end customers. Because scaling the infrastructure was hardware dependent, the company could not respond quickly enough to developers’ needs.
Outer Edge confirmed with the customer that procuring, feeding, and maintaining computer hardware was not its core business. In this case, we recommended a hosted solution that allows the customer to spend their time and resources on software development and quality assurance rather than hardware maintenance and deployment.
- Able to grow or shrink infrastructure according to development schedule
- Development environments can be immediately replicated for demos and test beds
- Developers never have to wonder whether the underlying hardware might be the root of a problem or bug
- End customers now have immediate access to view changes and customizations
Bottom line: By moving its development infrastructure to the cloud, the customer improved quality and service while reclaiming its IT staff for more strategic tasks.